These biscuits have a very delicate flavour, that matures over the course of days, and can be stored for several weeks when kept in a cool environment.
Get ready to roll...
Required time: 20 minutes preparation, 1 hour refrigeration
560gr Plain Flour
400gr Butter (salt free)
200gr Ground Almonds (or hazelnuts)
100gr Powdered Sugar
4pkts Vanilla sugar
- Soften the butter to room temperature and cut into small pieces.
- Place the flour, sugar, butter and ground almonds (hazelnuts) into a large bowl and mix / knead into a smooth dough.
- Form the dough into a roll and wrap in clingwrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Once the dough has chilled take small portions of it and roll in the palm of the hand into a sausage shape and place onto a baking tray lined with lightly greased baking paper, in the form of a crescent.
- Bake at 175 degrees Celsius until golden brown (approximately 15 minutes).
- Mix the vanilla sugar with the powdered sugar in a wide shallow bowl.
- Once the biscuits are cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a minute or so.
- Carefully remove the biscuits from the tray (they must still be hot for this) and quickly roll one by one in the vanilla sugar mix until fully coated.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.